Managing Director, Valuation Product Control -- JobID #1532
Job Description - Permanent
We are searching for a Managing Director, Valuation Product Control for our client in downtown Toronto.
The Managing Director, Valuation Product Control will review, assess, and make recommendations with respect to the appropriate use of valuation models, identify official sources of market data used for valuation, and have overall responsibility for independent price verification. In addition, VPC is actively involved in resolving valuation discrepancies arising from collateral disputes and proactive reconciliation. In executing these activities the Managing Director, Valuation Product Control will manage relationships across the organization several lines of businesses and promote best practices for valuation of trading and underwriting portfolios.
In addition, the Managing Director will develop, implement, and maintain strategies to build a team of highly motivated, effective and well organized professionals. The Managing Director will build a high performance work environment by establishing and maintaining effective managerial practices.
Highlighted Accountabilities include:
- Develop, maintain, and improve valuation adjustment policies and procedures.
- Document and maintain methodologies and procedures for valuation adjustments and regulatory reserves.
- Identify, assess, and recommend valuation adjustments and regulatory reserves for acceptance by senior line of business and Market Risk executives.
- Monitor models to ensure the mathematical representation of the market is sound on an on-going basis.
- Create and maintain an inventory of official valuation models used for trading and underwriting portfolios, with related assumptions and limitations.
- Maintain communication between the lines of business and Model Validation (MV) regarding the development of new models or changes in the application of existing models, to facilitate the involvement of MV early in the development process. In addition, ongoing assessment of model performance assessment is to be performed.
- Monitor the use of models for consistency with data requirements and limitations
- Review the use of valuation methodologies and models for consistency across the trading and underwriting products and geographical locations and recommend changes as required.
- In depth knowledge financial instruments and associated valuation techniques with 10+ years of direct experience in independent valuation of trading and underwriting businesses.
- Strong understanding of mathematical finance / quantitative modelling associated with derivative valuation.
- Knowledge of financial accounting (IFRS and GAAP)
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral.
- Exceptional relationship building and negotiation skills along with strong leadership skills.
- University graduate degree in finance (quantitative) or similar
Please let me know your interest in discussing this opportunity for this fabulous client. If you are not actively looking and you refer a talent that MoD places you will receive a great referral fee!
To apply contact the MoD President of Chaos email@example.com