Android Developer -- JobID #1527
Job Description - Permanent
We are looking for talented Android Developers / Engineers to join our client's growing Professional Services team in Toronto. Our client is a world renowned Digital Media organization, and here you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature-rich applications on a wide variety of web-based platforms and devices.
Objective of role: Primarily software development of Android and other front-end devices applications. You will work on applications for world famous brands from idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, requirements analysis, and testing support. The role can involve a close relationship with our oversea’s offices.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong Java development experience with an impressive Android project (or several!) in the app store.
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them.
- A solid understanding of mobile application design as well as Java frameworks and development.
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 3-5 years’ professional experience developing native Android applications
- Extensive hands-on development experience using Java
- Extensive experience with the Android SDK, Android Studio, and modern Developer Tools
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and libraries highly desirable
- Experience working on large-scale, long-term projects with medium sized teams is an asset
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, JSON, REST, etc.)
- Good understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities, and constraints
- Experience in other tech stacks is also beneficial (HTML/JS, Obj-C/Swift, etc.)
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is an asset
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and love technical challenges
- Experience in Video and media based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics)
- Good command of the English language
If this sounds like you, don't hesitate and apply today!!!